Global adoption of ISBT 128 for all medical products of human origin (MPHO).
Enhancing patient safety by promoting and managing the ISBT 128 international information standard for use with medical products of human origin.
- To manage international information standards for transfusion medicine, transplantation, and other applications of medical products of human origin in support of traceability, biovigilance, and patient safety.
- To liaise with health authorities, regulators, scientific and professional societies, user communities, and vendors on standardization in terminology and information technology.
- To provide educational programs to promote the value of, and need for, information standards and policies to support traceability and biovigilance.
- To provide technical consultation regarding the implementation and management of ISBT 128.
- To lead in the continued development of common data structures for information technology, data processing, exchange and transfer, and labeling for medical products of human origin.