Blood Transfusion Publications
- Ashford, P. ISBT 128: contributing to the safety of transfusion and transplantation. ISBT 128 Science Series (2007) 2:113-116.
- Ashford P. Fearon M., Bedford R. Report on the joint IBEPAG/ICCBBA survey on import/export and blood component labeling. Vox Sang (2010) 98, 85–86.
- Ashford, P. Gullikson J, Georgsen, J and Distler, P. Standard terminology for platelet additive solutions. Vox Sang (2010) 98(4):577-578.
- Ashford P. ISBT 128 – Improving Security by International Standardization. ISBT Science Series (1) 242-245 (2006).
- Butch, SH. and Distler, PB. ISBT 128 blood labeling: introduction and reference laboratory applications. Immunohematology (2006): 22:30-35.
- Distler, PB. ISBT 128 An internationally standardized means to label cellular therapy products. Pharmaceuticals Policy and Law (2007) 9:421-430.
Munk, Charles et al., ISBT 128: The Implementation Project of the Swiss Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service. ISBT Congress Proceeding, Journal of Blood Banks, and Transfusion Society of Turkey, July (2003).
Guidelines for the use of RFID technology in transfusion medicine. Vox Sang (2010) 98:1-24. (Special Issue)
EBA Board adopts Position Paper on the labelling, coding and identification of blood, blood components, tissues and cells
At the Board Meeting in Valletta, Malta, the EBA Board has voted to support the universal use of the ISBT 128 for labelling, coding and identification of blood, blood components, tissues and cells.
EBA Position Paper on Coding and Labeling – PDF (01 Oct 2010)