The North America Tissue Technical Advisory Group (NATTAG) was formed in 2006 and is jointly sponsored by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and ICCBBA. Its members are from the US and Canada.
Its purpose is to:
- Develop a consensus on the detailed implementation of ISBT 128 in North America and produce a North America consensus document for the use of ISBT 128 on tissues
- Provide a focus for standardization of tissue terminology and product naming
- Advise on the on-going development of the ISBT 128 standard to support new developments in tissue banking
- Prepare educational material and tools to support the implementation of ISBT 128 in North America
- Promote the adoption of the ISBT 128 standard in tissue banking in North America and globally