Last Revised: 08 January 2015
2. Acceptance of Terms
3. Personal Information
“Personal Information” or “Personally Identifiable Information” includes any information that provides the means to identify an individual. ICCBBA may collect personal information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Electronic and physical forms (e.g., Facility and Vendor Registration Forms, Update Contact Information Forms, Facility and Vendor Annual Returns, Password Request Forms, Product Description Code Request Forms, etc.) – ICCBBA requires (or may require) any of the following types of personal information from an individual (or individuals), without limitation:
- a first and last name;
- an email address;
- a home or other physical address (including, but not limited to a street name and name of a city or town);
- a telephone, cellular phone, pager and fax number;
- a website;
- a unique identifier (e.g., a Facility Identification Number, Vendor Code, etc.);
- a username and password; or
- any other identifier that permits the contacting (physical or online) of a specific individual.
- Email, telephone, and other communications – Communication with ICCBBA (either voluntary or initiated by ICCBBA) through email, in writing, by telephone, by fax, via the ICCBBA website, and/or through other means may require a user’s personal information stated herein. A user’s credit card or financial institution information can be communicated via email, by telephone, fax, or other forms of communication – credit card numbers are only retained until the relevant payment has been completed. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact us.
- Employment Related Information – ICCBBA may retain any personal information submitted for employment purposes. ICCBBA may use this information for purposes related to potential employment.
4. Other Information
Data is collected by automated means every time a user visits the ICCBBA website, and this data is not password protected. The collected data is LogFile based on a server, rather than cookie based in a browser. Therefore, the data cannot be blocked from collection by a user. The types of information tracked and retained by the ICCBBA website includes, without limitation: server addresses, domain names (including country names), IP addresses, HTTP status codes, types of internet browsers, operating systems, the date and time of website visits (including the duration of visits), pages accessed, files downloaded, search keywords and key phrases, “connect to site from” information, and any other type of tracking data. This tracking data may be used to improve the content and structure of the ICCBBA website – ICCBBA does not use tracking data to identify a particular individual.
6. Use of Personal Information and Other Information
ICCBBA does NOT sell or trade any personally identifiable information. Personal information provided to ICCBBA (either through the ICCBBA website, or any other means stated herein) will be used for the purpose for which it was provided, and to assist ICCBBA in its operations – this may include surveys, newsletters, or any other type of announcement. If you wish to opt-out of any surveys, newsletters, or other types of announcements, please contact us. ICCBBA may also use personally identifiable information for servicing or enforcing payments for any ICCBBA fees.
To access password protected areas of the ICCBBA website, you (or your organization) must have a password account. Requesting a password account requires a first and last name; an email address; information regarding the requestor’s affiliation with ICCBBA; a Facility Identification Number, and/or Vendor Identification Code; and a desired password – all of this information is retained by ICCBBA, and can be divulged to other individuals (in some cases). For example, if someone (the requestor) requests a password account for a facility or organization with an existing password account, the first and last name, email address, and the assigned username and password can be provided to the requestor. A user’s first and last name, and email address will be retained on the ICCBBA website for the applicable password account – while authorized personnel (including ICCBBA’s third-party website provider) are allowed to access password account information, ICCBBA cannot guarantee the safeguard of the information from other parties.
Because of ISBT 128’s role in traceability, all facility and organization identifiers (e.g., Facility Identification Numbers, Manufacturer Identifier Codes, etc.) are made available to the public.
In addition, ICCBBA publishes Vendor Profiles on its website to help users find suitable vendors for ISBT 128 related products/services. These profiles are available to the public and include personally identifiable information provided at the behest of vendors licensed with ICCBBA. If a vendor does not provide any information to be used in its public profile, ICCBBA at its own discretion may display a profile with the vendor’s company name and website URL. If you wish to make amendments to your Vendor Profile information (or to remove a profile), please contact us.
Contact information (e.g., a first and last name, an email address, etc.) for participants of the various ICCBBA committees (e.g., Technical Advisory Groups) is published on the ICCBBA website. While some of this information is password protected, ICCBBA cannot guarantee the complete protection of such information.
7. Information Storage and Security
While ICCBBA does have security measures for physically storing customer information, the ICCBBA website does not use any security technology (e.g., secure socket layer technology). Therefore, ICCBBA cannot guarantee the misuse of personally identifiable information – this includes, without limitation, unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, etc. If ICCBBA is made aware of any misuse of customer information, it will notify the primary contact(s) for the applicable organization, maintained in ICCBBA’s “internal use only” Facility Identification Number Database.
ICCBBA uses third-party vendors for its various operational purposes including, but not limited to:
- website purposes;
- IT infrastructure purposes;
- payment processing purposes; and
- any other vendor that provides services which aid in ICCBBA’s operations.
While ICCBBA does not voluntarily provide users’ personally identifiable information to these vendors, these vendors may have access to users’ personal information. Therefore, ICCBBA cannot guarantee the safeguard of personally identifiable information from the vendors (or other parties alike) stated herein.
8. Children and Minors
ICCBBA does not knowingly allow or solicit anyone under the age of 13 to participate in any activity or function of the ICCBBA website. If ICCBBA is made aware of any information obtained from an individual under the age of 13, such information will be deleted from the website. If you are aware of anyone under the age of 13 engaging in any ICCBBA website activity, please contact us (view Section 11 "ICCBBA’s Contact Information").
9. Users’ Contact Information
You may request, modify, and/or change your personally identifiably information that ICCBBA has on record.
If you wish to update the contact information for your facility’s (or organization’s) account, you may submit an Update Contact Information Form (this form is password protected), and ICCBBA will contact you accordingly. For any other questions or concerns regarding ICCBBA retained personally identifiable information, please contact us (view Section 11 "ICCBBA’s Contact Information"). While ICCBBA will make updates or changes to current personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that such updates or changes will be reflected in all variations of your information as previously stored. For example, ICCBBA can make contact information updates or changes to the current primary facility (or organization) contact information, but ICCBBA may not make these changes to any of the previously retained contact information for the same facility (or organization).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of the ICCBBA website and/or policies stated herein, please contact us via email (email@example.com), through telephone (+1 909 793 6516), or in writing:
P.O. Box 11309
San Bernardino, CA 92423-1309
To contact an ICCBBA staff member in particular, please view ICCBBA’s Contact Us page.