Call for Nominations
Through this award ICCBBA will strive to regularly acknowledge professionals whose cumulative record in:
- original research;
- innovative technical development;
- influence in the development of policy and regulation,
demonstrates an important and significant contribution to the understanding and application of international information standards in transfusion and transplantation medicine.
The award recipient will receive full travel support to present an award lecture during a major international transfusion, cellular therapy or transplantation meeting and a prize of $5000.
- Recognized expert in the field of transfusion and/or transplantation information standards
- International experience and influence
- Identifiable contribution to improving the understanding and application of information standards
- Contribution to the field spanning a period in excess of five years
- Willing to travel to designated annual meeting to give lecture and receive award.
Members of the ICCBBA Board of Directors and staff are not eligible to receive this award whilst serving in these positions, or for a subsequent period of two years.
Nomination consists of:
- A completed application form which includes a summary (not exceed 500 words) of the nominee's achievements in the field
- Copies of relevant publications
- A copy of a current curriculum vitae or suitable biography (updated within 3 months)
- Supporting statements from two referees
Any professional in the field of transfusion, cellular therapy or tissue transplantation is eligible to submit a nomination. Self nominations are welcome.
Nominations should be sent via
Nominations will be reviewed by the ICCBBA Board of Directors (BoD).
The award will be made to the nominee who meets the eligibility requirements and in the opinion of the BoD is of the highest merit.
If none of the submitted nominations is deemed to adequately meet the eligibility requirements, no award will be made.
The decision of the BoD is final.