Through this award ICCBBA will strive to regularly acknowledge professionals whose cumulative record in:
- original research;
- innovative technical development; and
- influence in the development of policy and regulation,
demonstrates an important and significant contribution to the understanding and application of international information standards in transfusion and transplantation medicine.
The award recipient will receive full travel support to present an award lecture during a major international transfusion, cellular therapy or transplantation meeting and a prize of US $5000.
- Recognized expert in the field of transfusion and/or transplantation information standards,
- International experience and influence,
- Identifiable contribution to improving the understanding and application of information standards,
- Contribution to the field spanning a period in excess of five years, and
- Willing to travel to the designated annual meeting to give a lecture and receive the award.
Members of the ICCBBA Board of Directors and staff are not eligible to receive this award whilst serving in these positions, or for a subsequent period of two years.